2.05.2009

comings and goings...

Do you ever have those times in life where you are so busy and the funny this is that you can't remember anything you've done? Well, let's just say that's what my life has been like as of late! A lot of action and movement, but not enough downtime to really let it sink in... So, in effort to try to regain my memory of the last few months, I'll fill you in on the comings and goings of Sarah Decker.

Christmas 2008
I went home for Christmas for a week. I previously blogged about my time home. What I failed to leave out was the fact that I bought a new car 2 days after Christmas! I know, I'm crazy... but I think the 2 best "excuses" I have is: #1-that it just seemed like the smart/right decision at the time and #2-I'm related to my PawPaw... buying cars runs in my blood. The #2 reason is about to be crushed though... I'm keeping this ride for a long, long time. The funny thing about my new car is the license plate number.

Needless to say, it could’ve been someone’s former chatroom name and because of this fact, my car’s official name is Pissy Missy the Murano. Here's a pic of a Missy look-a-like. Next time I see ya, I'll be happy to drive! :)


Happy 2009

I wasn’t feeling too well on NYE this year, so Linda and I decided to have a NYE in. It was awesome. Why? Well, we got Chuy’s to-go and rented the entire first season of LOST. I’ve always wanted to watch LOST, but knew I would have to start from the beginning. So, I did. And don’t worry that by the Season 5 premiere on January 21st, I had watched all 4 previous seasons! Now, before you go on judging me for sitting in front of the TV for so long… I was working, still reading my Bible, and everything I do within the typical day… just with a little less sleep! Needless to say, I’m an official LOST fan! It’s a great show!

I also had a fun visit from 3 of my best friends from A&M. They got a whole blog entry…

At the Office

I guess the best thing for me to do right now is to actually explain WHAT I do! I work for an association that represents Community Banks in the state of Texas. Those are all of the small town banks, the “lil guys” if you will, the non-Wells Fargos, Bank of Americas, etc. of the world. It’s truly the greatest place to work! We are all a big family here and I am so blessed to have this job. So, back to my actual job… I work with certain companies to help them market their products and services to our membership. For example, I will help a company that sells ATMs to banks market those ATMs to our bankers. It really appeals to my creative side, as well as planning and organizing. I get to write, which I LOVE and just come up with all kinds of new ideas. But, the best part is that I get to build relationships with both suppliers AND our members. I’m getting the best of both worlds and I absolutely praise God for giving me a job that I love.

So far in 2009, I have been in meetings practically all day, every day. We have strategic meetings where we plan out the year ahead for sponsorships and marketing opportunities with our companies. It’s awesome because I’m not behind a desk and I’m getting to plan! I’ve also been traveling a little. Which is so fun/nice. If you have a curious bone in your body about where I work, check out our awesome new website www.ibat.org

My Faith

God has definitely been opening doors for me to learn more about Him and fall in love with Him even more. Each week, I meet with my friend, Suzanne, and we just talk about life and faith and matters of the heart. She is such an incredible blessing and I’m so grateful to have a “Jean” or “Fran” in Austin! It’s been a good place to have a heart check each week. My heart is still on the mend, but I’m so grateful for the lessons and wisdom God has given me through His Word and in prayer. I’m finally in a GOOD place and just eager to keep on growing!

I’m also meeting with 3 fun girls each Wednesday morning at 7am! We are reading through Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem. It is a ridiculously huge, but incredible book on Biblical Doctrine. I’m actually floored at the fact that I actually get what he’s talking about. I highly encourage people to check this book out… but not at the library, you wouldn’t be able to finish it and appreciate it if you only had a few weeks to read it!

Still working with the UT College girls. We are trying to get the Spring semester kicked off and in full swing. These girls are incredible young ladies and are just in love with Jesus… which makes my heart soar!

Some friends and I started a community group at my place on Tuesday nights. It has been INCREDIBLE! I’m so excited that God has brought all of us into one group… to dive into His Word together, challenge and support each other and live life together! It’s super fun to have a friend from Henderson in the group too… pretty sure we embarrass each other every week with old stories…

As for just me and Jesus… my hope and trust in Him has never been stronger. I’ve had to learn how to trust that what is in my heart is really from Him. I’ve learned things that will only make me a better wife and mother one day. I know that my marriage will glorify Him because of this time of singleness that I’m in. It’s been challenging to adjust, to think positively and just trust… but as Psalm 111:3 says, “Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever.” That is, nothing that happens is outside of God’s glory! Now THAT brings peace in my heart. He has me right where He wants me, and that’s right where I want to be!

In Other News…

Linda got a new 46” flat screen TV this week! It is unbelievably awesome! Now we are going to officially have the coolest house with the TV, Wii, RockBand and Dance Dance Revolution! I’ve been calling her my “sugar momma” for the past few days! But, truly, I’m so so blessed to live with such a selfless and wonderful girl! I love that we both love to eat, hate the thought of working out (even though we are going to start going to the gym together), never turn down time to relax on the couch and always willing to blast the radio with old-school 80s and 90s jams!

There you have it! The skinny on my life over the past few months! It really helped me to sit down and write it out. I’m so grateful and thankful for the countless blessings in both experiences and people that God has placed at my feet.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.

Proverbs 19:21

1 comment:

  1. thanks for catching me up. i'm so glad all is going well.

    1. congrats on the new car...cute!
    2. that is a lot of lost.
    3. believe me...once you find the perfect husband for you, you will be so thankful for all that God did in your life while you were single!
    4. i agree...that linda is one fabulous girl!

    ReplyDelete