9.03.2010

mountains.

I had the incredible blessing of going to Colorado with my best friend, Beth, last weekend. It was our first trip since college... it was much needed for us, but also for our souls.

This is why...


When I think of Colorado, I literally take a deep breath. And do this...


I love this state. I love the mountains. I love being there. Ever since I was young, we would take trips up to Colorado at all times of the year... and each time I left, I felt like I was going to miss out on something. I love this place.

Beth and I both came to the conclusion that a pipe-dream is for both of us to have a mountain home. Really, I can seriously see myself splitting my time between the Texas Hill Country and the Rocky Mountains. I'm pretty sure that would make my dreams come true.

Why do I love the mountains? I love the breeze, the temperature, the nature. But, mostly, I love that I feel closer to God when I'm there. I pray all the time... I take in His majesty. I find myself worshiping a LOT more throughout the day. I'm definitely more grateful. I feel like I'm the best form of me.

But, at the heart of it all, I love Texas. I'm a Texas girl through and through. And, as exciting as it is to think of living in Colorado year-round, I know I would miss my Texas. I would miss being close to family. I would miss Austin... and East Texas... and College Station... and every person I love in between. I would miss my church. I would miss it all.

Sometimes the grass isn't always so green on the other side. I gotta keep that in mind. Especially when I'm starting to fertilize the grassy field I'm standing in!



But... oh the Colorado. I'm definitely going to be spending more time there.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Oh, I love views like this. God never ceases to amaze me! And I've been to Colorado a billion times (really just about 15) but I've never seen it this way. I'm always there in the snow. So beautiful. God is so good.

    Glad you girls had fun! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful pictures of Colorado!

    ReplyDelete