8.22.2008

Movers, take your marks...

Ok... so it's been a few weeks... life has been crazy, but, none-the-less, interesting! Prepare yourselves for quite possibly the longest blog update ever...

So a month ago, Linda Arredondo and I decided that we were going to save some serious cash and move into an apartment together! We settled on this sweet deal at this apt complex in South Austin. We looked at 2 floorplans, and oddly enough, we liked the smaller plan better. So, Linda began preparing her first move in 5 years and life with a roommate... and I, well I started packing up my few belongings in the ATX and preparing mentally for the massive move back to Austin from Dallas! Oh... I'm tired even thinking about it!!

Now for a little picture painting -- this past Tuesday around 10:30 in the morning, I get a call from our new apartment complex, telling us that there is a "maintenance" issue with the apartment that we had picked out. After digging a little and probably annoying the guy a little, I found out that apparently the last tenants were so disgusting that they have had to call in pest-control to get rid of furry-4 legged friends not once, not twice, but now a THIRD time... mind you 2 days before we are supposed to get the place! Umm yeah!! GRODDY! At any rate, they offered us the BIGGER apartment for the same price of the smaller one... therefore we are sooooo bankin' on this apartment deal!! And... to top it off, I got the apartment manager to throw in a free accent wall, as if they already weren't doing enough! Hey... never hurts to ask, friends...

Our move began yesterday!! We both spent our first night in #731 and had us a little Chuy's for our first roomie dinner :) Unfortunately, no pics from last night... but I promise to document as much of this crazy weekend as possible. Linda and I both got our bathrooms and closets pretty much taken care of... so that's good. I figured that seeing as how people were going to be in and out of the place all weekend, they could at least find a little bit of normallcy in el bano...

Now... for a few pics, discoveries and comments on the new place...


where it all goes down...


yes... that's the FREE accent wall... to the largest APT living room I've ever seen in my life...



Jake's room... jkjk it's just the pantry... But it is HUGE! And knowing our eating habits, it will probably be full at all times...



Our loverly kitchen... complete with island, complementary pot rack and DEEP sinks w/ sprayer!




This is the view from our study... Yes, I did say study. First of all... please notice the lovely non-paint job on the built-in shelves. I guess the painters got a little tired, poor chaps...



My bathroom... I decided to stick with the red and brown... but one new shower curtain and a few new rugs... it's ALL new to me! A few things to notice... all of the freaking cabinets! I am seriously racking my brain as to how I can fill all of these cabinets! Another thing you probably can't notice is that I'm currently without a door to my bathroom. This indeed causes a few challenges. For example, last night when I was getting into the shower, Linda had to stay in her room with her door closed until I yelled that I was in... funny, none-the-less...

Ok... the huge challenge so far has been my closet. It goes back really far on both sides, but the biggest obstacle is the fact that I have sliding doors. It's nice I don't have to go buy a floor length mirror... but I'm going to have to train myself to a) move the doors to find anything and b) not run into them! I got a little confused last night and literally almost face-planted! It's hard because if you are looking at the bottom of the mirror, all you see is carpet... and THAT can get a little confusing!



The great view from my bedroom...



The even better view from Linda's window... We've already investigated our neighbors, and it looks like we have some gross boys on the second level...



Their momma's obviously don't live there...


Of course... the first piece of furniture brought in was Linda's hammock... don't worry, I've already tried it out and thought about sleeping on it, but alas, it was too hot outside...



Well... finally... the day has come. Linda's movers are packing her up as we speak and Jake and I are going up to Dallas tonight to get me packed up and moved in tomorrow! All I have to say is we have this to look forward to... at least we don't have to worry about any furry friends...

duummm da dum dum...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, my 2 besties living together??! Crazy-town USA. Can't wait to see what my 2 worlds combined looks like...from the pics, it looks pretty amazing! LOVE you both!

    ReplyDelete