11.21.2008

Don't talk smack when you're 4-7...

I've been trying to think of something totally random to blog about... and I was just reading an article in the Statesman that gave me all the reason to just announce my opinion on some comments made by 2 Aggie football players about UT's Colt McCoy.

Now... I am an Aggie. I love my school and I always want my team to win. Always. We have upset Texas for the last 2 years... and who knows, we may actually show up and attempt to play a game on Thanksgiving night. Anything can happen... anything.

So, I'm reading this article about the 2006 game when Michael Bennett sacked McCoy in the last minutes of the game and McCoy was carted off of the field. Apparently Bennett still receives hateful emails from UT fans... ok whatever... it's football. But, to my point of this blog...

Maybe it's because I don't like conflict or maybe it's because I dated a former baseball player or maybe it's because I just love sports... but I've learned that you NEVER EVER say anything that your competitors can hang up in their locker! NEVER! It only gives them ammo to go out and absolutely CRUSH you. For example, at the Olympics a few months ago when Michael Phelps had quotes from his French competition that totally just motivated him to go out and make him eat the water from his path. (Ok, lame attempt to make "eat his dust" into a swimming analogy...) And Phelps certainly made that happen. At any rate, Aggie football players, Michael Bennett and Matt Featherston, have opened their mouths and given ol' Colt something to put up in his locker...

Bennett: "I think he [McCoy] gets a little spooked sometimes"
Featherston: "I wish him all the best for the Heisman, but I hope he has his worst game against us."

This is my message to Bennett and Featherston... shut your mouths and actually ATTEMPT to play defense next week. If you say anything to anyone, it needs to be to your fellow teammates to get them pumped up and motivated for the game! Arg... I'm rolling my eyes right now...

This one will be interesting, kids... very interesting.

Happy Friday all... hope you have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment