1.08.2009

no "resolutions" here...

HAPPY 2009!!!

It is my prayer for all of my family and friends that 2009 is a year of witnessing God's love, grace and mercy in full force. Every year has its ups and downs, but I just pray that we all see these times as God just strengthening us... to fall more in love with Him and to live to bring Him glory! I pray this over all of you... and hope that in 2010 we can all look back on '09 and see how much we have been molded and pruned into being better.

On New Year's day, I woke up and got in the Word. I wanted to be guided to something for encouragement for the year to come... and it's funny/awesome to see how God definitely did so! I ended up reading Psalm 105. The first 4 verses jumped out at me and I just felt led to make these 4 verses my "battle cry" for 2009. Therefore, there really aren't any "New Year's Resolutions" or even "goals"... just some scripture to focus on daily and strive to live it out in the best way possible! So, they are written down on a card and pinned up on my bulletin board in my bathroom... that way I can read them every morning - evening - and other times in between!

Psalm 105:1-4
Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done.
Sing to Him, sing praise to him; tell of all His wonderful acts.
Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.

So... Here's to looking on the "bright side" of all situations and opportunities in 2009... always giving thanks and praise to what He has done and is doing in our lives!

grace & peace,
skd

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing that verse. happy 2009!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found your blog! A very encouraging post. Wish I could see you in person! You always made my day brighter!

    ReplyDelete