5.18.2009

"we are no longer slaves to sin..."

So Saturday was the big Baptism day! The plans were to go to the Austin Stone Family Reunion, have some lunch, and then get Baptized! That was until the rain came...

There was lightening and thunder, so the folks at the Stone decided to postpone the baptisms... because it was to be held outside. I was bummed... but good thing that Beth and I had already discussed my Plan B!

So... we loaded up and headed back to my apartment complex! The Barrett Family and Molly met us there. We all joined hands, Blair led us in a prayer and read Romans 6:1-4...

"Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more of his wonderful grace? Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it? Or have you forgotten that when we were joined with Christ Jesus in baptism, we joined him in his death? For we died and were buried with Christ by baptism. And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives."

Beth said some amazing words of love and into the pool we went!

I truly could not asked for a more intimate and love-filled experience. God has truly blessed me with parents who are always supporting me and want to share all the moments they can with me, a cousin and a best friend with a connection so strong that I can't imagine a life without them, and my awesome family and friends that were with me in thought and prayer. I cannot express how much I am humbled by love. It is my prayer that this public announcement of the affirmation of my faith in Jesus only brings Him glory and honor... and that all the rest of my days are to seek the praise of His glory!










No comments:

Post a Comment