6.20.2011

worn out and thankful

Hi friends. It's been a while. I've been one busy girl. And I'm sorry. Maybe someday soon I'll give you a recap of the travels, the friends, the activities over the last month... but for now, I'm in a deep thought mode. Surprise surprise... I know.

This past week, I spent 4 days at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio. It was the site of our annual Leadership Conference for work. It's a family-friendly event... so our members bring spouses and kids. It's a laid-back event, even though it's long days for the staff. But, it's by far my favorite event that we put on.


On the morning of the last day, I was beat. I was so tired. My eyes watered because I was so tired. If I sat down, there was a 99.9% chance I would fall asleep. So I stood. I stood at the back of the room... looking at all of these families. All of these husbands and wives that I consider my friends. Wives that know me, know my heart, know what's going on in my life. Husbands that look out for me like brothers... and give me a hard time in the next breath. Kids that I've literally watched grow up before my eyes. At any rate, I'm looking over this room full of people I consider my friends... and it hits me. I have never had a job in one place this long. I've been in this position at this association for over 3 years now. (I know... that's not long at all. But obviously, it is for me.) I love it here. I love who I work with everyday and I love the people we represent. It may be an industry, but this industry is made up of great people. I love that I know them. I love that they know me. I love that we pray before every meal, meeting, and event. I love that the members ask me about my church and how I'm serving there. I love that the day I finally meet Mr. Decker (the nickname given to my future husband), those people will rejoice with me. I love that I don't even think about leaving my job. And that when I do have that flash of the married-mom Sarah in my head, I still see all of these people in my world.

I left this conference completely worn out. But ever so thankful for the Sovereignty of God. He put me here. He put these people in my life. He gave me this particular job. He alone knows my future, He alone knows what's best for me. But, for now, I'm counting my blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment