2.26.2012

well good gravy...

I can't believe it's been so long since I blogged. So much life has happened... and let's face it, the last thing I want to do at the end of the day is look at a computer screen.

I'll try to keep this as brief as possible...

NEW JOB

Whoop whoop! I gots me a new job. It's not only a new place, but it's a career change as well! I'm now in sales. I never.in.a.million.years. thought that I would be in sales. I have nothing against sales people, I just don't think I'm good at it. However, on day 2 of my job, I realized that I'm more of a marketing consultant. I'm selling ideas. I'm selling ways to brand these companies... then I was good with being in sales.

Here's the heart of the matter... for the last year, I've been praying for the Lord to show me what it looks like to work for Him versus man. Because, I had no idea what that looked/looks like. So, after December 2nd, I just started praying that He would show me that in my new job. But, the real heartbeat of my prayer was that I would depend on Jesus every single day... and not just my own talents or wisdom. I felt like every job I had had up to now were jobs I was really confident in... and that, without knowing it, made me NOT lean on Jesus for the day to day. My mom and my dear friends are teachers... they lean on their own gifts, but everyone one of them lean on Jesus EVERY DAY to show those kids love and discipline.... and to keep their own sanity. That's what I wanted... and I'm hoping that's what I got...

STUCK

My Austin best friends: Linda, Casey and Rubey, and I have started a Bible study called STUCK. It's by Jennie Allen... and so far, it's amazing. I would recommend ANY group of women to do this study together. We are all stuck in different areas of life... this study not only helps identify those areas, get to the root of them, but addresses how we can overcome being stuck because we have the love and healing grace of Jesus. Thank goodness.


This is going to be so good for my heart.

HEALTH

I joined a gym. I swore I never would again, but I did. I work from home now, so I can go at lunch. And let's face it, there's only so much sitting I can do in one day. I'm excited to get back into shape. I will say it here to make it official... but I plan on being in the best shape of my life by my 31st birthday. May 21st. Goal date. Let's do this.

Life is good.

And now for pictures... they tell the stories best...

Aggie Basketball. I love it. And I love these 3 friends. And I love random road trips on a Monday to my 3rd home (College Station... Austin is 1st, Henderson is the home away from home... that makes the CST my 3rd). Sing-a-longs, good food, LOTS of laughing... and an Aggie loss. I mean... I'll take what I can get!

This precious sweet Nugget made her debut on January 11th. Miss Audra Claire... my niece. I love her so dang much. I love her sweet snuggles... they make me one happy aunt!

And then there's this guy. My brother (from another mother). My cousin Blair. Running his 2nd Austin Half Marathon. Not necessarily feeling his best... but finishing in STELLAR time. He inspires me more than he knows. I thank God for this guy... everyday.

the proud cousin...

And I can't not mention the recent digital date. It was a first, of hopefully many. My friends and I embrace technology pretty well... but we've had difficulty in realizing that there are such things as Skype and FaceTime. We changed this a few weeks ago... and it made my night. Love my Beash... and love that I got to see her face! 
Even though if she ever reads this blog she will kill me for putting this up here.




1 comment:

  1. Let the killing begin! :) HAHA! Can I add a photo here? I have a pretty good one of you and Linda "frozen". At least we have this memory in photos :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete