3.18.2009

grace.

I'm in deep thinking mode... so I want to warn you before you dive into what I've got to say!

grace.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Chronicles 12:9

I am absolutely humbled at the thought of God's grace. It is because of His grace, that I am saved from eternally receiving punishment for my sins. It is by His grace that I am loved, forgiven and redeemed. I don't know about ya'll... but that totally MOVES me.

I won't lie, 2009 has been an odd year so far in the mind and heart of Sarah Decker. But, I guess the only thing that keeps me going is the fact that absolutely nothing is done outside of God's Will. Nothing. And, that by His grace, I am loved and as it says in Psalm 23:3, "He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake." Now, don't get worried, I'm totally fine. Just really eager to find out the direction of my next steps in this journey called life!

In the midst of deep thoughts by Sarah Decker, I was reminded, three different times, of God's wonderful grace and love... I needed these things... and the Lord provided them at the most perfect time... (of course, right?!)

1. I got another letter from my little Ethiopian girl, Wo! I was excited enough to get news from her, but I was totally overwhelmed with JOY when I read that she is now going to school! My prayer since I started sponsoring her was that she, at age 7, would have the opportunity to go to school. Her family needed her to carry water from a well to her house, so she wasn't able to attend school. So, obviously God has worked miracles in her family and helped them out enough for Wo to go to school! What a blessing!!!

2. My best friend, soul sista, kindred spirit, Mrs. Beth Rosamond Emerson called last week to tell me she is PREGNANT! I was moved to tears... I am so so so excited for the Emersons and already praying for this precious little baby! Please join me in praying for this little bundle... that God would nurture and keep the baby healthy... and Beth too!

3. I just finished the book Same Kind of Different as Me. This book gives a first hand account at how God truly is using people to bring others to Him. It is the perfect mix of serving, the softening of hardened hearts and God's grace and love! I could tell I was about to be moved to tears and warned Linda before the waterworks began!


I don't know why I felt compelled to write all of this down. I'm sure it didn't make sense, but I just needed to get it all out! Hopefully someone who reads this will be spurred to look deeper, pray harder or read a good book.

God is good... and let's just say that I'm officially following His lead... and enjoying His gifts of grace while I'm at it...


No comments:

Post a Comment