1.04.2010

2010 - Year of DIY

Just like my friend Lauren, I'm not in to making New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I've ever met a person that has ever kept all of their resolutions from January 1st. I set goals. I can achieve goals... "I got this" goals. So, the past few years, I've tried to write down weekly, monthly and yearly goals. I also tend to come up with a theme for the year. In the past, my friends have had: 2007 - turning to Heaven, 2008 - the year of the mate (yeah, that didn't happen for any of us!), among others. This year has been deemed 2010 - the year of DIY. Do-it-yourself. Yes, I plan on getting crafty. Yes, I plan on being more creative. But I'm also lumping into the DIY category of just really relying on myself (and Jesus, of course) to hold me accountable and also all of these things are up to ME to acheive.

I'm just gonna go ahead and brainstorm/document/advertise my goals here and NOW.

Weekly goals for 2010
  • Have a daily connection time in prayer and in the Word
  • Thank God for where He has me in that day
  • Read every day
  • Limit the trips to Starbucks to twice/week
  • Work out in some way, shape or form at least 3 times/week
Monthly goals for 2010
  • Stay within my monthly budget for eating out
  • Really clean my apartment every other week
  • Do something nice & out-of-the-ordinary for someone
  • Share the Gospel - this one is gonna be hard for me
  • Write Woliya (my World Vision kiddo) a letter
2010 Overall Goals
  • Finally, 2010 get out of debt!!!
  • Train and compete in a Sprint Triathlon
  • Take a photography class (signed up today!)
  • Learn how to use my sewing machine
  • Focus on God's plan and not my own
Ok... they are out there now... Now I HAVE to do them! :)

Christmas and New Year's reviews will be here this week! I can't wait to share with you!!

1 comment:

  1. i like it! can't wait to see some good sewing projects unfold. you better blog about them.

    ReplyDelete